University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
Baylor University, Bachelor of Science
Mike Hilgers is a seasoned trial attorney who has served as lead and local counsel to high-profile and sophisticated clients, including Fortune 500 companies. He has extensive experience in both federal and state court, and in all stages of the litigation and arbitration processes. In addition to his litigation practice, which emphasizes commercial and intellectual property matters, Hilgers represents clients in white collar defense and appellate matters.
Hilgers has been trusted with high dollar litigation matters in multiple jurisdictions. As of February 2012, Hilgers represented more clients in patent infringement matters in Nebraska than any other attorney in the state. Hilgers also has recently obtained summary judgment in state court in Texas and submitted a brief in front of the United States Supreme Court in a successful appeal of a panel decision in Texas. Prior to co-founding Gober Hilgers PLLC, Hilgers worked for Fish & Richardson P.C.
After graduating from law school, Hilgers clerked for the Honorable Edith Brown Clement, Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He earned his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School, where he served as an Editor of the University of Chicago Law Review, and was a member of the Chicago Journal of International Law. He earned his economics degree, cum laude, from Baylor University.
Some recent representations include:
- Counsel for Fortune 200 retailer in trademark dispute against billion dollar online retailer in District of Nebraska.
- Represent majority of defense group as local counsel in largest patent infringement case pending in District of Nebraska. Clients include Fortune 1000 software companies.
- Lead counsel for privately held merchant acquirer in breach of contract dispute in District of Nebraska.
- Counsel for multi-million dollar supplement fabrication and design company in breach of contract and trade secret dispute in Texas state court.
- Counsel for multi-million dollar manufacturing company in breach of warranty dispute in District of Nebraska.
- Represented Fortune 500 chemical manufacturer as counsel in discovery dispute with reinsurance company in District of Nebraska.
District of Nebraska
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit